Monday 23 August 2010

Be Prepared

Yesterday I wrote the list of some of my favourite films EVER! But then a thought struck me as I was thinking of what pictures to add to make it pretty, if I had to choose only one film to watch for the rest of my life what would it be? Now to elaborate on the question since I asked a few friends who got very confused, the film wouldn't be playing constantly just if I wanted to watch a film it would have to be that one. And I was stumped for ages.

By the way there will be many posts on what many people might consider absolutely random nonsensical thoughts, welcome to may life people.

I mean when choosing one film for the rest of your life do you choose an epic, something with cinematic prowess that has been critically acclaimed and has one more awards then one can dream of, or something soft and light hearted which is easy viewing, a comedy, a horror, a romance ect. One friend had the helpful conclusion that since she had seen her choosen film, Pride and Prejudice, so many times the idea of it being ruined through over viewing is beyond her, since it would of happened already if were to ever happen.

So I turned my brain into thinking what film have I seen more then any other and I was left with two films as front runners, Lion King and It's a Wonderful Life. Both of which have so many great attributes and are so very different I thought how was I to pick from these two? I thought of how at my lowest points A Wonderful Life will undoubtedly make me feel better but so would Lion King...Lion King has so much humour in but would "Say it again, say it again, Mufasa Mufasa Mufasa" still be funny after hearing it the 1000th time?

I eventually settled on Lion King mainly because it has songs and a cuteness which I think I would want if I was to watch something forever. Think about it would you really want to watch something like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which is an epic motion picture, but after a while I couldn't handle the heartbreak of it. I want life affirming, child-like, sweetness forever. Suppose thats true in my "real" life to...maybe I should find Neverland.

Loves
x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment